I’m taking part in the Dewey’s 24hr read-a-thon today and I am very excited about it. I was not planning on participating but I woke up early and figured, why not!? When I first heard about it I figured I was out of my element. How can I read for an entire day? Well, it turns out that you don’t have to. You just read as much as you can, when you can.
Here is my e-book stack:
- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley – I hope to finish this book today before moving to any others. I don’t have high hopes that I will read anything other than this.
- How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am reading from Florida, United States.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? How The Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents. I’ve been meaning to read it for a while.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I had no preparation so I have no snacks but I do have some butternut squash soup I’m quite excited about.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I have a pumpkin pie addiction that crops up this time of year. (actual pumpkin pie not fake flavoring!)
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my first read-a-thon! I really want to finish Mists as it’s been a slow read for me. Taking a book off my TBR pile will be satisfying.
Welcome to your first readathon! Hope you get some good reading done and meet some wonderful new blogging friends.
If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here’s Singing My Way Through the Readathon!
Thank you! I had a wonderful time and even though I didn’t finish my book I did read 600 pages 😀 Can’t wait for the next one!
Comments are closed.