Nisamir from The Blog nominated me for a Liebster Award, so this will be a special post fulfilling the requirements of this challenge.
Eleven facts about me:
- I am right handed.
- I am a stay-at-home-mother.
- I lived in Botswana for 8 years.
- I went to University in New Orleans.
- I met my husband on Valentine’s Day during my freshman year at university.
- I love reading.
- I secretly love the Bubble Guppies more than my son. “It’s time for lunch” is my favorite song!
- I used to work as a legal assistant for a personal injury law firm.
- I stay up way too late. Motherhood has turned me into an insomniac. I know I need to change my habits but the night owl life has a hold on me.
- I have blogs in my drafts folder I am too chicken to publish because I don’t want people to judge me for my opinions.
- My son and husband have my whole heart.
Questions from Nisamir
- Who gave you your name and what is the meaning of your name? My mom came up with my name and to be honest it doesn’t have a meaning as far as I know. She came up with it by playing around with the letters in her middle name (Magdaly) and my dad’s first name, Abner. I know that Abner is a Hebrew name and it means father of light. I just googled my name, Abdelis, and I found this which was interesting: “(Abdeli) Abdoli is a village in Shoaybiyeh-ye Sharqi Rural District, Shadravan District, Shushtar County, Khuzestan Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 410, in 69 families.”
- What do you think about home schooling? I think homeschooling can be great. It is a lot of work and you need to be very organized and disciplined. I have been thinking about possibly homeschooling my son. The possibilities seem endless, and a part of me feels very drawn to this.
- If you could only choose one meal/dish to be serve on your wedding day, what would it be? I’m already married so this ship has sailed for me but if I were to plan my wedding again I would probably say pasta carbonara. I don’t know why, I think I’m just hungry right now.
- How do you see the world we are living in? Sometimes it looks scary, but there is a lot of good in it, too.
- What are your tips to a beautiful and radiant skin? Drinking water, getting enough sleep, exfoliation, moisturizer and sunscreen.
- If you were given 10 million dollars (yes, USD), how would you spend it? That is a lot of money! I would pay off my student loans, pay off my mortgage, help out my family, donate to charity, buy a new house and save the rest.
- Where would you build up your dream home and why? I haven’t yet decided where I would like to live, but if I am $10 million richer I wouldn’t mind living off the money for a few years and living back home near my parents.
- What super powers would you like to have? Teleportation.
- Which Disney princess would you like to be and Why? Elsa from Frozen. For one thing, she has powers, but also, she pointed out to Anna that you can’t marry somebody you just met. Such common sense is a new thing for a Disney princess and I want to be part of that trend.
- If you only have four months to live, what would you do? Gosh, dying is my biggest trigger so I don’t like this question, haha. But ok, I think I would ask for lots of Xanax :p and then I would use that money I saved up to bring all the people I love to me and spend every single day with them.
- Out of many country in the world, where would you like to live in and why? Part of me would stay here in the States just for the proximity to loved ones but I think I’d like to live in England. I like the rain.
I will nominate people once I figure out who. Thank you for tagging me, Nisamir!
We have something in common.. we both stay at home mom and we both are drawn to homeschooling.. i’m sorry about the death question.. i was just curious about what others think with regards to this subject.. hope you had a great time.. thank u ^_^
Comments are closed.